7.11.2011

Rainy Day Lego Project

While we were in a torrential downpour here in Charleston on Saturday, I decided to build my early 30th birthday present from my mom, The Farnsworth House - Lego Architecture Set. It was a blast! I put it together while watching a movie and was reminded how fun some toys still are to me as an adult. 

The actual house was built by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe in 1951 and is one of the most famous examples of modernist domestic architecture in the country. I have never seen this house in person, but I think I should make that trip in the future seeing as how the actual house is in Plano, IL and I am from outside Chicago - it wouldn't be that far!


Check out the real house and museum [here].

I still have Frank Lloyd Wright's - Falling Water - set at home, can't wait for another rainy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

From Charleston, South Carolina to your computer. I hope you enjoy. :)