2.27.2011

Wine Journal

My husband and I LOVE wine. We have been taking classes on it for almost 4 years now, and although we have taken the courses sometimes more than once, we always learn something new from the instructor, Fran.

This is something, maybe the only thing besides movies or dining out, that my husband and I love equally. I will watch football, but he loves it. He will give me his opinion on my design, but I love it. Wine is one of the few things that he and I both crave to learn as much about it as we can and something that we do together nearly every week. We love tasting it, knowing when/where it came from, and pairing it with a nice meal.

That being said, from the past 3-4 years of classes, all we had was a big folder full of our wine class notes. I decided to take this a step further and turn it into a wine journal. I categorized all the different regions and grapes we like, separated them into tabs and folders, and designed the page above to use as a tasting sheet when we like a wine.

My hope is that in a few years, our experiences with the beloved fermented grape will be filed in this journal and it will be as much about the memories as it is about the knowledge. I think one day when we are having a certain fish or cut of beef we will be able to reference our journal and know the perfect pick! Now, on to wine cellar design... :)

If you would like a full size copy or excel file of my journal entry sheet, just email me at jprchitect [at] gmail dot com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

From Charleston, South Carolina to your computer. I hope you enjoy. :)