3.23.2012

The Hunger Games!

Grade: A
Date: March 23, 2012 - Opening Day
Location: Regal Cinemas
Notes: Read the book! Then see the movie. :)

I have a hard time deciphering between a book I've really loved and then watching the movie that goes along with it afterwards. I have done this with several series including Twilight Series and The Help, but never the other way around (movie first).

That being said, I feel like I should tell you that I don't know if the movie was really as good as I thought it was because I knew everything that the main character, Katniss Everdeen, was thinking and feeling emotionally. My husband came with me and he thought the movie was just so-so... but his favorite movies are usually a little more graphic and action packed.

The main difference I felt between the book and the movie is that I thought that Peeta's character was unfairly cast as Josh Hutcherson when Gale was cast as the gorgeous Liam Hemsworth. I liked both the Peeta and Gale characters for the Katniss' love interest in the book, but upon seeing them physically in the movie, I was team Gale from the moment I laid eyes on him!

Josh (left) and Liam (right)

I have only read the first book and am halfway through the second of the series of three. I now realize that Gale really is Katniss' true love and Peeta is a good second, but she needs to make everyone believe in her love for Peeta for their safety. So, without giving away any more to the story, I highly recommend you take a few days to read the book (easy read) and give the movie a shot if you loved it as much as I did.

By the way, Miley Cyrus dates Liam Hensworth in real life... Good work Miley!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

From Charleston, South Carolina to your computer. I hope you enjoy. :)