5.29.2012

Names I Will Never Give My Future Child

I was reading an article [here] and the author lists names that she would never name a child of hers (listed below) and I happened to think that most of those names sounded quite nice? Not to mention that I am related to or have considered many of these names for my own future children...

Girls:
  1. Sophia
  2. Charlotte
  3. Ava
  4. Addison
  5. Olivia
  6. Amelia
  7. Lilly
  8. Isabella
  9. Chloe
  10. Bailey
Boys:
  1. Aiden
  2. Liam
  3. Noah
  4. Jackson
  5. Ethan
  6. Caden
  7. Mason
  8. Logan
  9. Landon
  10. Oliver

I get it, these names might be over used, but I think about what celebrities are naming their children (Moxie Crimefighter, Pilot Inspektor to name a couple [more here] ) and I can't help but feel like I would rather have a name that is "overdone" than one that is an embarrassment.

Being named Joellen, but called "Jolene" for most of my life, has been a good balance of a name that no one else has but someone always knows of someone else who is named like me. Although, I have only met a couple of them myself and most of them have a capital E in their spelling - JoEllen.

I started pondering names that I would never name my baby and here goes:

Girls:
  1. Shaniqua
  2. Nevaeh - heaven spelled backwards
  3. Heaven - Nevaeh spelled backwards ;)
  4. Krystal
  5. Lacey
  6. Destiny
  7. Candy
  8. Chrissy
  9. Juanita
  10. Beyonce
 Boys:
  1. Dick
  2. Francis
  3. Oliver
  4. Shannon
  5. Jamie 
  6. Hal
  7. Herbert
  8. Leslie
  9. Gaylord
  10. Bentley
After reviewing this list it looks like I don't want my daughter to be a stripper or have a boy with a name that could also be a girls name. I also don't like names that are of anyone that I already know. Trick to that is having babies first and my friends have all beaten me out on that one. We will see what the future holds!

Any names you don't particularly like or love? List them here!


No comments:

Post a Comment

From Charleston, South Carolina to your computer. I hope you enjoy. :)