6.27.2012

Girls and Guns!



My girlfriends and I are in a group that we call the Dilettantes, which by Webster's Dictionary means "an admirer or lover of the arts." Basically, some of us decided that instead of getting together every month to drink, we get together every month to do something cool... and then we drink. ;)

June was my month to plan and we went to ATP Gun Range for their biweekly "Ladies Night" which IS.SO.FUN! We got to shoot semi-automatic and revolver .22 caliber ammunition - 50 rounds - and our paper men were totally dead by the time we were done with them!




The best part was we learned a little bit of everything; safety, stances, eye domination, and best of all - how to load and reload our guns, all on our own. Although I grew up in a household full of them, I finally, at 30 years old, can say that I feel so much more at ease with guns!


On to Bottles and Brushes next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

From Charleston, South Carolina to your computer. I hope you enjoy. :)