1.24.2013

Ninja Time!

I would like to think that I am not easily fooled and you cannot "pull the wool over my eyes," so to speak. I am pretty down to earth, level-headed, and every other word that you can use to say that I am not an idiot, and I hope that this is the case with my latest impulse purchase! I watched an infomercial this past weekend for literally 15 minutes and ended up spending an exorbitant amount of money on this Ninja Cooking System.


We had just visited with some friends who admitted that their crock pot I had complimented (from Williams Sonoma) was about $250, so I think I had that number in my head... I didn't spend that much (I found a coupon online), but it was still quite pricey. Our crock pot also broke down about a month ago, so I've been in the market for one...

Well, I haven't gotten it yet, but this is the most excited I have been about a kitchen appliance in a long time! I am always looking for fast ways to make healthy food with little clean-up. Sound too good to be true? I am hoping not! You get a free in-home trial, so it is still returnable but I am praying that this thing actually lives up to the infomercial. Those salesmen are amazing.

Supposedly, with the steam cooking, you can bake in it using half the butter and oil required because it will be moist because of the steam. It will also decrease your cooking times (because it cooks from all sides) and require less cleanup (one recipe was to put water, spaghetti sauce, uncooked spaghetti noodles, and frozen meatballs all together in the system, turn it on, and 20 minutes later it is done - with one pan).

I can't wait to try it out! I will be sure to let you know how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

From Charleston, South Carolina to your computer. I hope you enjoy. :)