5.02.2013

DVR to do

I get this strange sensation when my DVR starts to get full - like it has somehow become a "to do" list of sorts. I really need to get over this because watching tv is not something that I want on my checklist of things that I need to "accomplish" as there are SO many other things that I need to get to first.

And forget the things that need to get done like gardens to be planted, houses to be cleaned, and errands to be run... there are things I would much rather be doing like hanging out with friends, shopping in the city, and date night with my husband... as if I need this looming DVR to do list and the threat of the recorder getting "almost full" hanging over me?


I need to be doing things that are meaningful to my life, whether I want to do them or not, and this does not include watching most television. I will be honest and say that I really do like some shows - some are for fun like Vampire Diaries and some I watch with my husband like Mad Men, but I need to know the difference.

Funny thing is much unlike a real to do list, I don't feel great about checking things off of my dvr list... I just feel lazy and unaccomplished. I am going to erase everything I don't REALLY want to watch tonight and clean up my record list. I guess this "live minimally" stuff can really affect most every aspect of your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

From Charleston, South Carolina to your computer. I hope you enjoy. :)