5.10.2013

Ocean Isle Here We Come! [plus a dessert recipe]

Headed out to Ocean Isle Beach, NC again this weekend for a bachelorette party! I am very excited for my third trip here in just a few months time. I love this place, small community, laid back, and really fun. I would love to own a house here someday!


This weekend is all about hanging out with my girlfriends though. Can't wait to catch some rays and relax after quite a long week at work! These are the moments we live for...

I made an amazing dessert dip to share for the weekend! Last time we came here I made a dessert dip and it went over very well. Everyone thinks to bring vegetables and hummus and crackers and cheese, but this is a bachelorette party and we need some chocolate! :)

I made it last night and tried it before chilling it all the way in the fridge and I think I could have eaten half of it before throwing up from the richness of it all. Here is the original recipe and how I modified it below:

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dessert Dip

I doubled the below because there are 10 of us...
Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temp (do not use no or reduced fat)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips

Directions:
  1. In a small saucepan, melt the butter with the brown sugar over medium heat. Stir continuously, until the brown sugar dissolves.
  2. Remove from heat, stir in the vanilla and set aside to cool.
  3. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and confectioner's sugar until smooth.
  4. Slowly beat in the cooled butter mixture and beat again for another minute. It is OK if the butter mixture is not thoroughly "cool" just don't have it piping hot.
  5. Stir in the chocolate chips.
  6. Pour into a serving bowl, garnish with chips, and refrigerate.
  7. Serve with Nilla Wafers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

From Charleston, South Carolina to your computer. I hope you enjoy. :)