4.16.2013

Happy Words

I just read an article about the differences between happy and unhappy people. It was a good read, but nothing earth shattering as I am sure you have heard most of this before, but it was a great reminder!

Here are my takaways from the read:
  • savor the present
  • count your blessings
  • focus on your own progress and praise others on theirs
  • surround yourself with optimistic people who will encourage you to achieve your goals
  • it’s impossible to please everyone - never seek anyone’s approval but your own
  • talk less and listen more
  • take the time to see and talk to your family, friends, or significant other
  • eat foods that will keep your mind and body in good shape
  • exercise raises happiness levels just as much as medication
  • live minimally
  • always be truthful, and never apologize for it
  • choose your own destiny
  • accept the fact that life is not fair
I made bold the ones that I need to work on the most... so, I am thankful for my health, I am happy with what I have accomplished in my career, I need to clean out the attic, and I am OK with not getting paid for overtime - sort of. :)

Have an amazing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

From Charleston, South Carolina to your computer. I hope you enjoy. :)